Wednesday, March 2, 2011

White Wives - Situationist (2011)

Okay, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't skeptical on checking this band out, and I'd still be lying if I said I didn't initially listen to them as a joke. The reason for this is that it is the new side project of both Chris Head and Chris "#2" of Anti-Flag. But since Anti-Flag was my favorite band of all time for the earlier teenage years of my life, and are responsible for getting me into so many of the things that make me who I am now, they'll always have a place in my heart. Anyways, enough about Anti-Flag. White Wives gave me a huge surprise, and the dudes are playing music that doesn't sound like they're trying to win over middle schoolers to fight in 'the revolution'. Its actually really good indie rock that I'm sure I would have called them sell outs for making if this was still 2004.

Also for any Pixies fans out there, yo're in for a treat on the 4th track.

For fans of: Bright Eyes (i know i keep saying this, but really), Anti-Flag, Whatever It Takes
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment